Commitment for Sustainability
Ferrara Commitment for Sustainability
For several years Municipality of Ferrara, works and invests to state, consolidate and promote the identity of Ferrara as sustainable city.
Management stands for a continuous commitment on sustainability themes:
with the subscription of Aalborg paper, since 1996, it joined European campaign for sustainable cities and undertook a route to orient Municipality development to sustainability. Ferrara Municipality:
- was certificated ISO 14001,
- joined Zero Waste Adriatic Network for all the events
- since 2013, inside the Municipality organization, the Office for Environmental Welness exists
Following these principles, particular attention was given for respecting the environment through:
· the adoption of a specific plan for the collecting, disposal, separation of waste,
· the use of biodegradable products,
· the collaboration with local operators,
· the use of renewable energies where possible
· and transports.
Focusing on this, all the events which take place in Ferrara have to follow the regulations listed below:
- have a plan for waste management collection and separation which maximize the reduction of waste and recycling,
- use of biodegradable products at refreshment points, bars, restaurant,
- collaborate closely and actively with local associations and operators,
- use of shuttles from the city center and railway station to the event (a bus is available all days from Bologna airport G Marconi to Ferrara),
- raise awareness for the use of bicycles to move from a place to another (Ferrara is famous as ‘City of bicycles),
- use of on-line registration,
- production of downloadable proceedings.